Saturday 31 December 2016

Moorland Aran Ladies Button Hat

So 2016 is almost over .......... it has been a very busy year for me.
 
I have added around 80 new patterns to this blog page this year.
 
Many have been aimed for those of you who love to knit & crochet for charities for babies, refuges, homeless etc.
 
I hope you have enjoyed using my patterns. 
 
However, my last design for 2016 is for ME.
It is years since I made something for myself !
 
          Moorland Aran       Ladies Button Hat

 

Moorland Aran Ladies Button Hat           

 
Requirements:

Aran weight yarn ~ I used King Cole Moorland Aran Shade 374
5.5mm crochet hook

 
Pattern:

This pattern is written in UK terminology      

  
tr = treble crochet        htr = half treble      

dc = double crochet     ch = chain

 

Worked in the round (for the first 13 rounds), then worked in rows to complete ~

Chain 3, join with a slip stitch into a ring
 

Round 1:   Ch2, make 11tr into ring, slip stitch to join (12sts)
 

Round 2:   Ch2 then 1tr in same stitch as ch2, 2tr in each stitch all around, join with slip stitch (24sts)
 

Round 3:   Ch2 then 1tr in same stitch as ch2, * 1tr in next stitch, 2tr in next stitch repeat from * all around,  join with slip stitch (36sts)
 

Round 4:   Ch2 then 1tr in same stitch as ch2, * 1tr in next stitch, 1tr in next stitch , 2tr in next stitch repeat from * all around,  join with slip stitch (48sts)
 

Round 5:   Ch2, 1tr in each stitch all around, join with slip stitch (48sts)
 

Rounds 6 - 13:    Repeat round 5, increasing one stitch on every round
 

(Work should now measure around 7“ in length – you can adjust here)
 

Chain 6, TURN (to make the button flap)
 

Row 14:       1htr in 3rd ch st, 1htr in each stitch all around, TURN
 

Rows 15 & 16:    Repeat row 14
 

Fasten off.  Weave in ends. 
 
Add a pretty button –
 
If the button is small ….. you can add it to the lower layer and push it through the top layer.

If the button is big ….. sew it through both layers.
 
 
 
I am happy for you to use my patterns for your own use or for charity donations.
In addition:  You can gift or sell any finished items you make from my patterns.  
However, please do not copy my patterns
 
Copyright © 2016 ‘made by marianna’  All Rights Reserved

This pattern (the information and photos) may not be copied or reproduced

or republished on another webpage or website.

 

 


1 comment:

  1. A lovely hat Marianna, thank you for sharing. Happy New Year I hope that 2017 is a good one for you. :) xx

    ReplyDelete